- Application means an application used by a Customer running on a Device, used to access the Oomph Platform, such as a digital magazine reader.
- Client means a licensee of the Oomph Platform (i.e. Mogeneration's direct customer). For example a publisher who utilises the Oomph Platform to make their publications available to the general public.
- Content means digital services & data which is delivered by the Mogeneration Oomph Platform.
- Customer & Consumer means an end user of the Oomph Platform using a Device. For example a member of the public who downloads & purchases a magazine application provided by the Oomph Platform.
- Device means a handheld or desktop software or hardware device (such as a phone or tablet computer) that accessed the Oomph Platform.
- External Service means a service provided by a party other than Mogeneration, as part of or in conjunction with the Oomph Platform.
- Oomph, Oomph Platform & Oomph Service means Mogeneration's mobile publishing platform provided as a hosted service.
- Oomph Server means one or more computers running the Oomph Platform.
- Service means the service provided by Mogeneration's Oomph Platform.
- System means the Oomph Platform.
In order to perform its function, the Oomph Platform collects user information. This user information can in no way be used to identify a user beyond identifying the Device they are using to access the Oomph Platform.
Components of the Oomph Platform collects some or all of the following information:
- Username or unique user identifier—This is a username or other unique identifier of a user. This identifier by itself does not allow a user to be identified, it only provides the system with a means of differentiating between users for providing access to purchases, etc.
- Unique device Identifier—These are unique identifiers for software & hardware devices accessing the Oomph Platform. These may include iOS device UDIDs or IMEI numbers. These identifiers cannot be used to identify a Customer, only the Device they use.
- Device token—For devices that support remote notifications (e.g. iPhone, iPad), a unique (per application & device) token is stored to facilitate sending remote notifications to that device.
- IP addresses—The IP address of Devices used to access the Oomph Platform.
- Purchases—The details of any purchases made by a Device, including the product name,
- date, quantity, content version, etc.
- Purchase receipts—Receipts for product purchases from payment gateways such as the Apple App Store. Such receipts are opaque to Mogeneration and do not contain user information.
- Dates—Various dates are recorded, including system access times, purchase dates, etc.
- Analytics—Various user events are tracked by the System.
iOS Auto-Renewable Subscriptions
For Customers purchasing auto-renewable subscriptions (both free & paid), when a user opts in to share their information, the Oomph Platform (via Apple) may also collect:
- Name—The name of the user associated with the Apple ID making the purchase.
- Email—The email address of the user associated with the Apple ID making the purchase.
- Postal Code—The postcode or zip code the user associated with the Apple ID making the purchase.
Access to the System is logged in plain text log files and SQL databases. These are used to monitor server performance, analyse trends, administer the System, track user movement. Log files may include some or all of the User Information listed above.
Remote notifications may be sent via external systems such as Apple's Push Notification Service (APNS). Information sent to remote notifications services may include a device token and application specific parameters such as a message. No personal or user identifying information is sent to these systems.
The System may contain content from third-party content providers; however the content provider(s) will not receive Mogeneration user or customer information from Mogeneration.
To provide support to Customers of the Oomph Platform, Mogeneration may (at the direction of Client) collect Customer information including name, email addresses, device information (such as device type, revision, operating system), etc. Mogeneration may communicate with Customers via telephone, email or other online support systems. This information is stored in Mogeneration's private, internal document management system.
Applications track user behaviour in order to improve the user experience & provide reporting to Clients. The analytics collected do not include any identifying information (apart from a device identifier) or personal data.
For example the analytics might record that a user clicked on the Purchases screen, and then purchased a particular issue, Mogeneration would use this to generate aggregate statistics reports that informed the Client how many people purchased a particular product.
Some platforms prohibit the collection of user analytics data, where this applies, Applications do not collect this information.
Content provided by the Oomph Platform contains links to external web sites controlled by third parties. Such other sites are not under the control of Mogeneration. Therefore, Mogeneration makes no representations as to the accuracy or integrity of the content included on such other sites.
Additionally, while the System may be accessed from countries around the world and contains references to Mogeneration and Client content, products, services, and programs, such references do not obligate Mogeneration to provide such content, products, services, or programs in every country.
Customers may email firstname.lastname@example.org if they no longer wish to receive information from Mogeneration.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Mogeneration reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement, and may modify the Statement from time to time. Changes will be posted on this website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or the practices of the Oomph Platform, email email@example.com.